
I have been sick for the last couple days. So naturally as i convalesce on my couch, I've been surfing SCS... and dying to do the weekly challenges. So today i managed to get off my butt and get into the craft room. Since I've been thinking of this design for a day already, it only took me a 1/2 hour to whip up. I am liking how it turned out!!
All items Stampin' UP!
Sage Shadow base w/Canvas Background stamped in Sage Shadow.
Sentimental Journey designer paper mounted on top of a basic black piece. I attached 2 strips of blk grosgrain ribbon, some hodgepodge hardware buckles w/brads and lightly frayed the ends of the ribbon. World Tour stamped image was inked with Sage Shadow, Real Red and Basic Black then stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock. Mounted on Real Red cardstock, and a bit 'o blk grosgrain wrapped around. OH, i distressed the edges of the red mat with the SU Distressor tool kit.
Another thing i was doing on the couch was playing with Adobe Photoshop Elements- trying to come up with a blog banner. I think I managed one, but couldn't (despite my nickname) figure out how to load it on my blog. Plus, I've been emailing Beth of Freckled Fun Designs http://freckledfundesigns.blogspot.com/ and sent her all my ideas- am excited to see what she comes up with- i'm sure it'll be magnificent!!! Probably best i leave that to the professionals....





4 comments:
I love reading your blog. I just had to tell you that I LOVE your banner. I think you have it all by yourself! It's perfect!
Thanks for shaing what you love!
Kelly
aka LateNightScrappin on SCS
I love this card...the DP is great and you just don't see that stamp set in action very often!
what a great banner - VERY different from all of the others i see out there. and i could never have gotten that far! :) but i also can't wait to see what beth comes up with - if you decide to go with her. she is great to work with, right? :) ~m
oh yeah - i forgot to add... i LOVED your card for today (or actually a few days ago when you posted)... kinda going along with the banner comment - i really like your papercrafting/stamping style! - very fun and creative!
i hope that you are feeling better too. i don't what it is like out by you, but the weather here by me is so crazy - warm one day with a snow forecast the next...
Post a Comment