Monday, April 23, 2007

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE!

Heh heh heh... got a challenge for myself, as well as any bloggers who are also scrapbookers! While perusing my current issue of Simple Scrapbooks, I found an article called "Write from the Heart" (May/June 2007 pg 63). If you're like me, you realize the importance of actually writing something to go along with the scrapbook page you just did, however it's nearly impossible for your "voice" to come through. You either sound too much like a Hallmark card or really have a hard time writing something fun and interesting.

This blog is actually helping me write like I talk, you know? Like, fer shure. So, you know, I was kinda like, OHMIGOD! when i saw the layout on page 65! The page is actually a canvas, I'm gonna guess about 18" wide by 12" high. The scrapper used Alpha stamps, patterned paper, photos, chipboard, and the canvas is white. She arranged all the photos, papers etc around the Alpha stamps and for each letter of the alphabet, she listed a few things she was grateful for. The title of this layout is "My Great Big Grateful List". She worked her way from left to right, top to bottom and some of the things she listed are: "A: Amy Tan, Anna Quindlen, B: Bartlett Pear Candles, Baby Toes, C: Chai Latte, Converse, Christmas music, Cheerios...." and so on!

Wow! What a great way to document your life, right now and all the things, big and little, that make you tick.

This is where the challenge comes in! I'm sooo like gonna do this on Thursday this week. I'm challenging anyone who visits my blog to this same project. I'll even be nice and give ya til Monday May 7 (2 weeks!). I'll post mine and if you're in on this, I'll go find yours! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Be sure to take pics of the things around your house or the people you're listing. I know fer shure I'll be snapping a photo of the Venti Non Fat Extra Hot No Water Chai Latte that keeps me going on my nightshift!

If you don't get Simple Scrapbooks magazine, there are bonus inspiration layouts and prompts to help you here: www.simplescrapbooksmag.com/mag

Oh yea, i have another card too....

Doodle This embossed on vellum cs in white,
Cool Carribean cs, So Saffron cs, Flirty Ribbon originals and Soft Subtles brads...
Inside, I used the long, clean looking "Happy Birthday" in white craft ink, then embossed that in white as well.

Originally, i was going to use my Shimmer White cs, rub some soft subtle colors with a sponge around the Doodle images (stamped in Blk Stazon) but didn't like it too much. I'll keep playing with it to see if i can salvage it...

Happy Stamping and SCRAPPING! :D

No comments:

My Heros

My Heros
Green Day American Idiot Tour 2005

Geekgirl

Geekgirl

Welcome!

Welcome to my Blogspot... i'm not sure what this is going to evolve into but thanks for coming along!

SplitCoast Bloggers Club

Standard Freelancer

About Me

Healdsburg, California, United States
Keith's wife! My real blog is located at www.geekgirl415.wordpress.com

Visitors

Healdsburg, CA

Healdsburg, CA
Scrapbook Album title page- this album is dedicated to the fixer up we bought and our renovations as well as the fun things we like about our town...