Wednesday, March 28, 2007


SplitcoastStampers.com website offers daily challenges to get our creative juices flowing... this week's Inspiration Challenge is based off a Starbucks Coffee Card- (i actually submitted the challenge a couple months ago - :D) and so here is my entry. The flowers are made from Spring Mini's Big Blooms- done in Pixie Pink, Cool Carribean, So Saffron and Real Red. A clear button and apple green grosgrain finishes off the flower. The background stamp is Doodle This and Warm Words- stamped with Black Stazon onto Shimmer white cardstock, then mounted onto Basic Black cardstock. Now... this isn't really my favorite card ever, but since Trudee beat me to the challenge and actually designed the card i had in mind (ratz!) I had to improvise. Her card is here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=510870&si=ic68 and she did it by hand!!! She happened to do a better job than i would have, so it all ends well. I've also added her blog to my list... in case you (whoever you are) would like to oggle the rest of her stuff.
So, while i'm not incredibly happy with my challenge card, i am happy they used my inspiration piece because; 1: i love starbucks- venti nonfat no water extra hot chai latte- and 2: DOODLES rule and so does this particular card and 3: i have nothing better to do with myself!!!

1 comment:

Maria L. said...

That is so neat that they used your idea for a challenge. How cool is that. I think that you made a great card. I like how you layered the flowers. I gotta get back into doing those challenges. They really help me.

I just got the doodle set (actually both of them!)- now I will have to make a point of making at least one card this weekend with the set! :)

I hope that you have a great weekend. And I'm glad that we're both getting into the bloggin' groove! :) I love it when I check google reader and see that you have posted something new.

My Heros

My Heros
Green Day American Idiot Tour 2005

Geekgirl

Geekgirl

Welcome!

Welcome to my Blogspot... i'm not sure what this is going to evolve into but thanks for coming along!

SplitCoast Bloggers Club

Standard Freelancer

About Me

Healdsburg, California, United States
Keith's wife! My real blog is located at www.geekgirl415.wordpress.com

Visitors

Healdsburg, CA

Healdsburg, CA
Scrapbook Album title page- this album is dedicated to the fixer up we bought and our renovations as well as the fun things we like about our town...