
Thought I'd reflect on some of my favorite things....
10. My Neighbors- The fact that my neighbor has been working on re-building his house for the past 8 months and finally has the windows and siding up- it looks soo nice! He's been working on it on the weekends, doing the outside stuff in the middle of the winter, and now that the nice weather has started- he's ready to start on the inside... figures!
9. My Town -The fact that we live 4 blocks from the downtown plaza and can walk to dinner in 10 mins. We live in a walking town. We can get an awesome authentic mexican dinner from the taqueria for under $20. Or we can spend $100 and get a variety of small plates with specialty cocktails at Willi's Seafood Bar...
8. My Babies- That my dog & cat sleep with me during the day after sleeping with my hubby all night. They are completely and utterly spoiled and amazingly lazy. It's a wonder they're not fat.
7. Shiftwork -That i'm back on the graveyard shift and it's such a break from the dayshift bullpucky. People think i'm strange, but there's a real difference in the types of activity between the shifts. I'm fine with the sleeping hours and the waking hours, and the days off are spectacular. I'm much happier right now.
6. Change -i love CHANGE! Change in decorating, work, seasons. Status quo is boring to me. But being 2nd in seniority makes most shifts open to me and to the dismay of those under me, I like change! Heh heh. But i'll stay on the graves for a while. They can relax.
5. Color -That I've finally found a paint color that I like for my kitchen. I've also turned my pantry door into a chalkboard and have an organization center from Pottery Barn. I'm digging it! I put a pic of the new green above- Napa Valley by Glidden. Kinda "old olive" if you're a SU! cult member...
10. My Neighbors- The fact that my neighbor has been working on re-building his house for the past 8 months and finally has the windows and siding up- it looks soo nice! He's been working on it on the weekends, doing the outside stuff in the middle of the winter, and now that the nice weather has started- he's ready to start on the inside... figures!
9. My Town -The fact that we live 4 blocks from the downtown plaza and can walk to dinner in 10 mins. We live in a walking town. We can get an awesome authentic mexican dinner from the taqueria for under $20. Or we can spend $100 and get a variety of small plates with specialty cocktails at Willi's Seafood Bar...
8. My Babies- That my dog & cat sleep with me during the day after sleeping with my hubby all night. They are completely and utterly spoiled and amazingly lazy. It's a wonder they're not fat.
7. Shiftwork -That i'm back on the graveyard shift and it's such a break from the dayshift bullpucky. People think i'm strange, but there's a real difference in the types of activity between the shifts. I'm fine with the sleeping hours and the waking hours, and the days off are spectacular. I'm much happier right now.
6. Change -i love CHANGE! Change in decorating, work, seasons. Status quo is boring to me. But being 2nd in seniority makes most shifts open to me and to the dismay of those under me, I like change! Heh heh. But i'll stay on the graves for a while. They can relax.
5. Color -That I've finally found a paint color that I like for my kitchen. I've also turned my pantry door into a chalkboard and have an organization center from Pottery Barn. I'm digging it! I put a pic of the new green above- Napa Valley by Glidden. Kinda "old olive" if you're a SU! cult member...
4. Birthdays - 5 of my favorite people have a birthday this month! My lovely sis, Debbie, my good buds Lorraine, Rhonda & Nanette and my pretend niece Maggie turns 1!! Excellent!
3. Friends -That we're going to Donner Lake this weekend to stay with 2 other couples in their family cabin. I'm sure we'll ride our bikes, hike and eat, drink and be merry. I'm so glad Keith and i have the friends we have.
2. My Husband - I'm glad that Keith puts up with my addiction to change, stamping, decorating and spoiling our "babies". I'm also glad he's the chef or we'd have starved by now...
1. My Life- I can't complain about a single thing. Life is good!


3 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the green color you chose for your walls in the pic! It just looks so happy and fun. What a great place to have your meals. And I am so glad to read that you are happy and have so many favorite things.
Checking in on your blog just put a smile on my face today, Denise! :) Thanks!
GORGEOUS GREEN! Love it. Loved your top ten post too. --KellyinTexas
I love the color of your kithcen! Wow! That was a great list of things. Thanks for sharing something fun and personal.
Post a Comment